Just trying to find out the rules for Romanopoly so I can play it with a kids club in my church. I vaguely remember playing this as a kid myself and remember there was a good lesson about Redemption at the end. If you have a copy of the rules and/or a copy of the lesson/talk at the end, I’d really appreciate it.
1. Players start with 8 tokens ( unless you have enough for more). The point of the game is to make the most money by the end of the time. Players do this by flipping tokens ,that have one side marked, in groups of three. Whichever person has the odd token is the winner and takes one token of the two losing players. 3 way Ties are either re-flipped or you can walk away.
2. If a player runs out of money, they must become a slave. They may try to beg for money but if they are caught by the guards they are sent to jail for a period of time before being sent to the slave house.
3. If a player is sent to the slave house they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Once sold they will be given some money by their owner and put to work trying to make money for them. If they run out of money they must get more from their owner. If they are found out by the guards to have no money, then both them and their owner will have all their remaining money taken and sent to jail before both being given to the slave house.
3.b. A person buying slaves can only purchase one, before they must buy an extra slave token. This doesn’t give them a slave, but allows them to purchase one more slave. Players can buy as many of these as they wish.
4. A slave can purchase their freedom by paying their owner 25 tokens. 5 of which they keep to try to make money again.
5. The character of the Queen can be both generous and cruel. She charges taxes intermittently throughout the game, but can also give money to the people. All characters except death must obey the commands of the Queen. The queens ultimate job is to keep the economy of the game going, e.g if there is too much money floating around charge a tax, if there is too little give money out.
6. The guards can also be both mean or nice. They are able to give money to the poor as well as extort money from any players they wish.
7. If any two or more players have a disagreement, the matter can be taken to the Queen. Although no can promise justice will be done.
8. Across the middle of the playing area is a river. It is manned by the ferry man. Players can only cross the river by paying the toll. If they are found of crossing illegally they will lose all their possessions and be sent to jail. The other way that player can cross is If they buy a boat pass or bigger boat pass (see below).
9. Apart from the slave house, there is also a market house where people can buy things. This is where players can buy their boat passes. A normal boat pass allows a player to cross the river on their own. A bigger boat pass allows them and one other person to travel. There may be other costumes, items or jewellery to buy from the market place for kids to wear. (if you have any spare of these can you bring them please.
10. The final character in the game is death. At any point, death can come out and take any player to jail. If a player is touched by death, they lose everything and go to jail for a period before being put Into the slave house. if a slave’s master is killed, they are instantly free and keep whatever money they have.
11. At the end of the game, players gather all their tokens and their slaves tokens, and count them. The most tokens is the winner. Slaves, boats, etc do not count as tokens and have no value at the end of the game.
Market owner –
Your email address will not be published.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
CAPTCHA Code *